Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lessons and other other things

Alright, have to post now before I run away and do something else.  Life has been busy this past month with family parties and babies being born, as well trying to get through personal things, learning life things, marital lessons, etc.  The weather has been much cooler than the rest of the US, but abnormally muggy, in the 60s-70s and cloudy.  Mr. Sun has not been making his much needed appearances!  I started a veg/herb/fruit container garden back in April which has been taking off pretty well, I've had lots of snap peas to harvest, chives, parsley to cut fresh into meals, and have been anticipating harvest a ton of baby zucchinis when they're ready.  The early girl hybrid tomato plant has exploded with lots of yellow blossoms but no fruit yet.  My alpine strawberry is very happy but makes very tiny fruit, which I wasn't expecting, should have done some research on what type to get for bigger size. I also have 3 garlic bulbs going, some blueberries, and bell pepper and 2 sad dill starts that have barely started but needed to be replanted in their own pot, I don't think they like sharing space with parsley.  It's been much easier growing all of this on my back porch, right outside my living room so I can just hope right out and cut whatever I want and not needed to put on shoes to walk out to through the wet grass to my now neglected garden bed.  I just have a huge bush of thyme growing and some mint that came back from this year's bad winter.  It's a lot easier with containers growing things because of the ease of moving them with the change of sunlight and the soil stays warmer than the ground which makes the plants happy :) I will post some pictures soon of the amazing bounty...

Today I'm planning on taking the bus up to Seattle to dink around a bit while my husband is at a MasterArts class for graphic illustrators/animators/designers in Seattle Center.  There's more to share about life right now, our quest to get rid of our debt by working through Dave Ramsey's amazing Total Money Makeover.  As well more family events to get to next weekend best friend's bridal shower/bachelorette party, then husband's cousin's wedding, then visiting bro and sis in law and all the babies all down in Portland/Vancouver area! It's going to be a whirlwind of craziness.  I have been enjoying pressing through and getting connected to the ladies in my SDG writing group, getting emails with the questionnaire I put together and learning more about you all! FYI--I am on Facebook and would like to connect with you there, my profile is here, so please friend me on there and we can probably get better acquainted that way!

And just a reminder to some of you that can relate to what I've been learning: Remember that through all your struggles, frustrations and discouragements in life right now, that Jesus is walking with you through it all.  It may not seem like it, you might feel like you're standing in a fog with no where to turn or answers but He is with you, He has not forsaken you and forgotten you.  You are His beloved child, His creation and He is ALWAYS creating a new, perfect and blessed work within you.  It hurts, its sucks, it's difficult, but through it, you will be blessed.  Sometimes you need to get down on your knees, I mean literally, cry it all out, tell him why you're pissed, give it all back to Him and simply say, "Give me the words to say because I don't know how to say them." Then you wait for His guidance, instruction and Holy Spirit to push you to do the right thing and guess what? It works, you'll be surprised!  That's what I've been learning :)

Read what this sweet gal has to say about encouraging your family and husband, I like it :)


Staying connected here:




And not to forget my amazing mom and her writings:

3 comments:

Jody Lee Collins said...

so glad to hear how you're pressing through,remembering what is true, especially this part:
"He is ALWAYS creating a new, perfect and blessed work within you."

Barbara said...

Jesus is walking through it all with me; thanks so much for reminding me! And enjoy this season in your life, writing sister!

Lisa notes... said...

The craziness of all your activities reminds me of mine lately, for better or worse. ha. I know God will always give me enough time to do the things HE wants me to do, but I sometimes have trouble distinguishing between what's of his will and what's of mine, especially when all the things seem "good" to me. But that's a topic for another day. ;-)

I'm moved by your reminder that Jesus is always with us. I've been holding on to that truth more than normal lately so I'm very encouraged to see He's saying it to me again here. He is with me, even when life is hard (which in my case lately, means overloaded).

So glad you put the questionnaire together. It's been a blessed tool to get to know others better.

Now I'm heading over to FB to find you there!